[KPhotoAlbum] Fwd: Save KIPI

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Feb 3 05:32:13 GMT 2006

Come on, please.

Not a single reply did I get from this email :-/

Subject: Save KIPI
Date: Wednesday 01 February 2006 19:09
From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
To: kphotoalbum at kdab.net

The digikam developers are considering to copy all KIPI plugins into digikam,
and thus not use KIPI anymore.

IMHO, this would be a big loss for all of us, including KPhotoAlbum, KIPI,
 and digikam.

We've got the discussion to a state where they accept to stay with KIPI, if
other apps start helping maintaining KIPI plugins.

I see no other way of keeping them in there, than starting spending a
substential amount of time on KIPI, time that will slow down KPhotoAlbum.

Therefore, it would be really really cool if some of you stood up and took
maintainership of a KIPI plugin, just one plugin would make a real big
difference.

If you think you are in for this, or at least partly in for this, please
contact me in a private email, and I'll get you started.

Thanks for your help.

Jesper K. Pedersen          |  Klarälvdalens Datakonsult
Senior Software Engineer    |  www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Prinsensgade 4a st.         |
9800 Hjørring               |  Platform-independent
Denmark                     |  software solutions