[KPhotoAlbum] Improved image viewer?

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Sun Dec 17 10:44:06 GMT 2006

Hi!

On 16 Dec 2006, Jason Kivlighn wrote:

> If I select multiple images to view, I can only go forward/back, rather than
> arbitrarily viewing one of the selected images.  On my system, it is
> painfully slow to keep hitting next to skip to a particular photo.
>
> Something as simple as this would be perfect:
> http://www.digikam.org/?q=system/files&file=images/im012.preview.png

Good idea. But make sure to make it configurable.

> where selected images' thumbnails are displayed along the bottom (or
> left/right).  The less-intrusive "fix" is to extend the viewer to work like
> the showFoto screenshot when multiple images are selected for viewing.
> Another route would be to turn the main window view into the describe
> interface, but something tells me there'll be plenty of objections to that
> ;-)

Guess you're right. I definitely want a view like the current
browser-view as an overview of all my images. However, quick navigation
to a specific image in a range of selected images would be nice.

One thing i'm still missing in KPA is navigation in the image-viewer if
only one image was selected. There were suggestions before, to make the
viewer assume a selection of all images from the current browser-view if
none/only one was atually selected. Unfortunately noone implemented this
till now.

just my 2ยข,
- martin
--