[KPhotoAlbum] Performance problem with nested categories

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Dec 9 01:16:40 GMT 2006

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 01:43:20 +0100

   Why do you think hasCategoryInfo is expensive? It looks up an item in a map
   O(logn) plus afterwards look another item up in a set (another map to be
   technical), which is another O(logn).

It's probably not that expensive in and of itself (although it isn't
constant time, either); the problem is that it's being called so many
times.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton