[KPhotoAlbum] Optimization of index.xml

Marco Molteni marco.molteni at laposte.net
Tue Aug 29 11:17:26 BST 2006

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> Hmmm rather undecided on this. It would indeed make it harder to write scripts
> and other similar things against the index.xml file.
>
> Here is a few random thought:
> - if it really would change speed, then I would be rater interestd

I agree. I doubt that micro optimizations can really change speed.

> - My long term goal is to get away from the index.xml and rather use a
> database (no no, breath again, please, and read the rest of the sentence :)
> this database should be something which does not require any installation,
> like sqlite.

Jesper Jesper Jesper. I always though you were smart, and mentioning
sqlite confirms it! :-) A database is fine, but it must be completely
hidden from the user, otherwise we would really look like the geeky guys
that use a bazooka to kill a fly.

marco