[KPhotoAlbum] Storing metadata in images

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu Aug 24 04:37:17 BST 2006

Lots of time. The buttom line is
1) By default do not touch the images
2) Second, by non default do not touch the images
3) only after a person has signed 10 copies of a lack of warranty document,
you may touch the images. ;-)

Seriously. KPhotoAlbum 2.2 started using the Exiv2 library, since it is
capable of storing info in IPTC format, which is the format intended to be
used. This is still on my todo list to do one day.

Cheers
jesper.

PS: Searching for IPTC may show up something.

On Wednesday 23 August 2006 23:33, Daniel Benamy wrote:
| I searched a little but didn't see exactly this. Do you know even roughly
| when it was brought up?
| Thanks,
| Dan
|
| On Wednesday 23 August 2006 08:53, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| > Yes there have, please see the mailing lists.
| > I'd be happy about a patch, but don't expect it to go into the next
| > release. And please do use the EXIV2 library for this.
| >
| > Thanks
| > Jesper.
| >
| > On Tuesday 22 August 2006 23:52, Daniel Benamy wrote:
| > | Hi,
| > | First off, thanks for this very cool piece of software.
| > | I was wondering if there had been any thought about or work done to
| > | have KPA store the categories and stuff in the images instead of a
| > | seperate database. It would almost certainly still need to maintain a
| > | cache of some sort to make searching fast, but with the data in the
| > | images it would be much easier for other tools to share it. If you're
| > | interested in this, I might look into writing it and submitting a
| > | patch.
| > | Thanks again,
| > | Daniel
| > |