[KPhotoAlbum] member groups

Rafael Beccar rafabeccar at speedy.com.ar
Thu Aug 24 02:31:10 BST 2006

El Domingo, 20 de Agosto de 2006 20:58, Jesper K. Pedersen escribió:
> I have two questions for all of you out there.
>
> First, are anybody ever configuring their member groups from the settings
> dialog (in contrast to right clicking in the annotation dialog)? I really
> hate the member group config in the settings dialog, and want to delete it,
> if there are no big objections.

I use it only because i found it first. But now that I think it better, I will
use the annotation dialog in the future.

> Second. Prior to the previous release one of the translators brought to my
> attention that "member group" is a weird name, so I'd like to come up with
> a new name for it.
> What I need are name for these items:
>
> The collection of all items for a given category. Currently I call this a
> category, so Persons, Locations and Keywords would all be categories. (I'm
> like this name, but category also seems to be a good name below).
>
> A name for the items that has sub items (currently I call these groups),
> thus USA would be a group as it has a sub item Nevada.
>
> A name for the leafs in the member groups (currently I call these members
> in the context of member groups). Nevada would be a member.
>
> The later two would conveniently be called Categories and Sub Categories,
> but this word would conflict the other use of the word category.

Well, I'm not sure there is a conflict there. I mean, if we have Locations as
a category, then Africa would be just a subcategory of Locations and Africa
itself would have subcategories of its own. So, we can see Locations as the
supercategory for all geographical information in KPA database.

By the way, somewhen in the future there would be nice to have the possibility
of saving geographical info on KPA database using GPS coordinates. This might
either extend or replace the use of Locations.

Rafael