[KPhotoAlbum] member groups

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Aug 21 02:20:04 BST 2006

Well in the Annotation dialog, there for example (in SVN) is the possibility
to add sub items to an item, and to add an item to a super set. That is I can
click on nevada and say Las Vegas is a new sub item, and I can likewise click
on it and say that USA is a super item.

In both cases I'm troubled about how to label the items in the popup. The
current state is "add super category" and "add sub category", but that as
stated in the previous email kind of conflits with the other usage of
cateogory.

On Sunday 20 August 2006 21:15, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
|    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
|    Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:58:49 -0400
|
|    I have two questions for all of you out there.
|
|    First, are anybody ever configuring their member groups from the
|    settings dialog (in contrast to right clicking in the annotation
|    dialog)? I really hate the member group config in the settings
|    dialog, and want to delete it, if there are no big objections.
|
|    Second. Prior to the previous release one of the translators
|    brought to my attention that "member group" is a weird name, so I'd
|    like to come up with a new name for it.  What I need are name for
|    these items:
|
|    The collection of all items for a given category. Currently I call
|    this a category, so Persons, Locations and Keywords would all be
|    categories. (I'm like this name, but category also seems to be a
|    good name below).
|
|    A name for the items that has sub items (currently I call these
|    groups), thus USA would be a group as it has a sub item Nevada.
|
|    A name for the leafs in the member groups (currently I call these
|    members in the context of member groups). Nevada would be a member.
|
|    The later two would conveniently be called Categories and Sub
|    Categories, but this word would conflict the other use of the word
|    category.
|
|    Any thoughts?
|
| Seems to me that this is simply a hierarchy.  Rather than trying to
| describe the individual levels of the hierarchy, why not simply
| generalize it into a hierarchy?

thousands of images?