[KPhotoAlbum] Tokens enhancement

havoc havoc at harrisdev.com
Sun Aug 13 22:02:09 BST 2006

jedd wrote:
> On Friday 11 August 2006 1:09 pm, Kimball Robinson wrote:
>  ] Some people will want more than one suffix, for whatever reason (if 26 tokens
>  ] isn't enough, why would 2*26 ?).  Here are some ideas to address that:
>
>  Indeed .. after all, if you wanted 2*26 tokens, you'd just make
>  them case sensitive I'd expect.
>
>  I rarely use tokens, but imagine that tracking > 52 of the things
>  would be a strain on my brain.  Nimbler minds obviously could handle
>  the 26 * 26 permutations we're talking about here.
>
>  Jedd.

I think the point is to make the tokens easier to remember by making
them more descriptive, not to populate the entire address space.... but
I'm just guessing.

On the one hand, I'm wondering if it's effective to turn the tokens into
a separate and independent tag, when we already have keywords as tags.

On the other hand, since everyone uses software differently, I can see
how multi-char tokens would work very efficiently for some people rather
than trying to remember which token they assigned to which project.

instead of using 'A' for Century21 and 'B' for Roswell GridIron and 'C'
for Valley Christian Academy, I could use 'C21,' 'RG,' and 'VCA' as my
tokens, but I'm not sure about efficiency....

jody
--
http://www.RealizationSystems.com/ -- start communicating
http://www.GalacticSlacker.com/ -- read it and weep