[KPhotoAlbum] Tokens enhancement

Martin Hoeller martin at xss.co.at
Fri Aug 11 06:39:16 BST 2006

Hi Kimball!

On 11 August 2006 05:09 Kimball Robinson wrote:

> Tokens are so convenient that I wanted to expand how I can use them.  I
> plan on coding these changes myself, but I want some feedback and ideas.
>
> Specifically, I want to be able to apply more than 26 tokens.  I know
> this sounds odd to some, and perhaps there isn't a lot of demand for it,
> but I don't want to explain why (in detail) in this message.

I don't know why you would need more than 26 tokens, but if you do so I
suggest making it possible to used a potential unlimited number of tokens.

My idea for this is the following:

1) Have one key (say ',') to toggle the use of suffixes. So
   hitting 'A', 'B', 'C' assigns the tokens A, B and C.
   Hitting ',', 'D', 'E', ',', 'F' assigns the additional tokens D_suffix,
   E_suffix, F. Got it?

2) Have another key (say ';') to set the suffix. Hitting ';' should bring up
   a minimalistic input box allowing the user to input a suffix.

This way an unlimited number of tokens may be used with the restriction that
26*2 tokens may be used with minimal keystrokes.

Alternatively I could think of ',' cycling through a number of suffixes
which could be managed by a slightly more complex input dialog hitting ';'.

just my 2ยข,
- martin
--
    mailto:martin.hoeller at xss.co.at  |        If the box says