[KPhotoAlbum] compiling KPA 2.2

Rob Miller rob at janerob.com
Fri Apr 28 09:57:35 BST 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Tuomas Suutari wrote:

> On 2006-04-28 Friday 11:01, Rob Miller wrote:
>> however I found yesterday that when I enabled the exiv2 libraries KPA
>> was not very happy with gcc 3.4.5.  3.4.5 seems to be the current

> Hmm.. strange. Since I too use Gentoo and gcc 3.4.5, but I haven't had
> any problems with KPA with exiv2 enabled.

hmmm indeed, wonder where else the problem might be...

> What kind of problems are you talking about?

would compile but crash on startup trying to read in photos.  I've not yet
really started using kpa, so it still comes up with the 'demo or new
database' dialogue every time.  I tried with different directories for
photos from 3 different cameras, I believe the error was invalid pointer.

I tried separately compiling exiv2 and kpa each with 3.4.5/3.3.6, but it
only worked when both were compiled with 3.3.6.  until enabling exiv2
everything was happy with 3.4.5, but I only thought to try 3.3.6 because
kipi-plugins wouldn't compile with 3.4.5 (problem listed by others on
gentoo bugzilla).

rob.