[KPhotoAlbum] compiling KPA 2.2

Rob Miller rob at janerob.com
Fri Apr 28 09:01:47 BST 2006

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, jedd wrote:

> [wrt the Debian package for v2.2]
>
> or on a private repository first?  I've had very unmixed (read
> consistently disappointing) experiences trying to compile KPA
> from scratch the past year or so -- I must be getting old.

[new kpa user still experimenting, first post :-]

I moved from deb to gentoo some time ago so can't help you there, however
I found yesterday that when I enabled the exiv2 libraries KPA was not very
happy with gcc 3.4.5.  3.4.5 seems to be the current gentoo default, I
switched back to 3.3.6 with gcc-config and KPA worked with exif.

rob.