[KimDaBa] Rescan for images proposal

Wes Hardaker wjhns25 at hardakers.net
Mon Oct 31 17:41:19 GMT 2005

>>>>> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:49:36 -0400, "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk> said:

Jesper> How many images do you have, since this takes so long time?

More food for thought (quite late in the conversation): One of the
reasons scanning for me takes so long is that I frequently want to use
kimdaba to my server over NFS over wireless (802.11b not g
unfortunately).  Accessing individual images is snappy enough, but
searching the entire directory structure for the 12000 images I have
takes quite a bit of time (30sec+).  This combined with it
occasionally crashes means starting it just once isn't acceptable
either.  Having a switch to turn off searching the entire structure is
would be a good start, but it would certainly be cool to say "I know
there are new images, and they're 'here'"...  It would be a good thing
in my mind.