[KimDaBa] new feature: IPTC keywords

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sun Oct 23 20:11:16 BST 2005

   Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:08:59 +0200
   From: Marco Molteni <molter at tin.it>

   On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:39:55 -0400
   Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

   >    Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:23:47 +0200
   >    From: Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com>

   > Do the keywords actually need to be kept in the master image files at
   > all times, or can they be added separately (during export, for
   > example)?

   From an IPTC point of view, the keywords must stay in the image
   since the beginning, without the need of an export phase. Otherwise
   the potographer would have to remember that he cannot upload photos
   directly but that he has to export them before.

BTW, how does this interact with the new Canon cameras that can verify
that a photo is not modified (presumably using a cryptographic
checksum or the like)?

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton