[KimDaBa] Re: new feature: IPTC keywords

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Wed Oct 19 10:49:15 BST 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 09:29, Marco Colnaghi wrote:

> about this topic:
> > 2) storing the keywords in the images themselves
>
> one thing I really appreciate of Kimdaba is the fact it does not
> touch the images,
> please consider mantaining this important aspect.

Marco,

there are 2 points here:

1. the fact of storing information or not in the images can be a
   configurable option, with the default left as is today:
   do not touch the images. So don't worry ;-)

2. regarding IPTC, the meaning itself of it requires the keywords
   to be stored in the images. An example workflow is the following:
   a photojournalist takes photos of an event. He then captions
   the photos with the IPTC keywords like author, copyright, location,
   description, whatever. He then uploads the photos to his newspaper,
   where another software extracts the IPTC keywords.

marco