[KimDaBa] Re: EXIF info in KimDaBa + Try out SVN if you dare

Benny Rochwerger benny.rochwerger at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 16:23:58 GMT 2005

Jesper,

Great news, as you know I've been waiting for EXIF for a while. I want
to try it out, so I got a copy from SVN but I couldn't get it to work. I
see the "Show EXIF" option but regardless of wheter is selected or not I
do not see any EXIF on the viewer and I don't see how to open up the
additional dialog.  I also don't see in the preferences any way to
configure the EXIF display. Maybe I didn't get the right version from
SVN ...

BTW, I noticed that you adopted the standard location and naming for
thumbnails. I think this is great, it will greatly simplify the symbolic
links algorithm for archiving, but I think it will be nice to be able to
keep the old style thumbnails for offline images.  The "Images not on
Disk" feature (which I think is really important) now shows empty
thumbnails, clearly you can not generate new thumbnails for absent
images, so I suggest for those images keep the old style thumbnail. Just
a thought ...

Great work,

Benny