[KimDaBa] Input needed on EXIF

Fredrik Linusson fredrik-kimdaba_gen at linusson.com
Fri Nov 25 18:55:07 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 19:36, Stephen J. Gowdy wrote:
> Hi Jesper,
> 	Pick one that also supports TIFF (as your Canon RAW files are in
> that format). I don't think libexif does.

They are not. But many RAW converters like to give you TIFF, mostly because
that format supports 16 bit per color and it's rather standard.

Nowdays (.cr2) the RAW includes exif and thumbnail. Before (.crw) that the
thymbnail was in a seperate file. Don't know where they kept the exif back
then, never had a camera that supported it.
But this is just Canon, and preferebly KimDaBa won't be that specific...

Formats that I would like support for are
.jpg - of course...
.cr2 - Canon raw nowdays
.tiff - many work copys ends up in this, many raw converts also
.xcf - I do most of my stuff in the Gimp, would not mind having them also in
the db.

Again, I only use Canon, more raws is of course needed.

Also, I would like an easy filter to mask out work copys etc but that what
tagging is all about :-)

/Linus