[KimDaBa] I got a new camera :-)

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Fri Nov 25 03:19:39 GMT 2005

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 20:10:42 -0500

   I've been staying with a customer for month now and lives/work in a
   cubicle landscape - rather different from working from home which
   I'm used to.

   After approx one and a half month I got to talk about digital
   images with one of my inmates, and I told him about KimDaBa. First,
   that is rather extraordinary that I manage to work almost two month
   with a guy without having told him anything about KimDaBa :-) What
   is much more extraordinary is that he previously worked with Bibble
   Labs, and is close friends with the owner. Bibble is an image
   processing application that works on Linux. WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

   Well a new camera has been on my wishlist for a long time, but this
   opportunity was just too great, so I bought myself a new camera,
   and will try to see how KimDaBa can work together with Bibble.

   The camera is a Canon Rebel XT and comes with a EFS 18-55
   lense. With it I bought a Canon 50mm f/1.8 II camera lense, and a
   Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto zoom lens.

   So finally, everyone of you who have hoped for KimDaBa to be better
   with RAW files, stay tuned, now I've got a camera spitting them
   out, so it won't take long before KimDaBa does something with them.

It would be desirable for it to work with dcraw or a variant also,
since Bibble is proprietary software.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton