[KimDaBa] got a big database?

Stefan Vogel Stefan.Vogel at clarity-ag.net
Tue May 31 16:26:56 BST 2005

Hi Jesper,
Hi All,

Why Kimdaba uses an XML file for storing all information about the
images. XML files are quite handy if they are not to big, but 10.000
images are not to much for an image database, but big for a single XML
file.

What do you think about using SQLite Database for storing the
information. SQLite is a full working SQL database, and has the
advantage that all information are stored in one single file which could
be copied as the index.xml.

An additional idea would be using this database form digikam and
KimDaBa. To achieve this KimDaBa should use the same tables and fields
as digikam where they are available and extend the database by the
fields which are only needed by KimDaBa.
The advantage would that everyone can use both programs parallel and
chose for each Task the Program with the best performance.

With best Regards
        Stefan