[KimDaBa] Another Idea

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Tue May 31 06:31:54 BST 2005

Sounds all like very good ideas, I'll put this thread in my to be considered
in details folder. Currently I'm fighting all my kimdaba time trying to add
an SQL backend - I really wonder if those hours will ever pay off, cross your
fingers.

On Monday 30 May 2005 21:49, Jean-Michel FAYARD wrote:
| 2005/5/30, Martin Höller <martin at xss.co.at>:
| > On 30 May 2005, William Holland wrote:
| > > Hi,
| > >
| > > I think that this is a good idea, but I would change the implementation
| > > slightly.
| > >
| > > As I see it (please feel free to correct me here) Kimdaba is designed
| > > to move everyone away from the 'I need my folders' mentality, and if
| > > you were feeling like it, you could easily have no directory structure
| > > at all.  In addition if a photo is part of an 'event' and some other
| > > category, I would probably want to see the text associated with both.
| >
| > You're right. I knew, that there is a "virtual album" configuration, but
| > till now I never read the help-text for it ;-)
| >
| > > Currently we can attach an image to a category entry, so I think that
| > > allowing a short bit of 'note text' to be appended as well would be
| > > great!
| >
| > You mean attaching a note text to a keyword/category? Sounds interesting.
| >
| > Something like this:
| >
| > keyword (category) <- note text
| > e.g.:
| > Lea     (Person)   <- "this is my girl"
| > Mauer   (Location) <- "this is my hometown"
| > tour10  (Folder)   <- "A hiking tour with some friends in spring"
| >
| > This enhances my original idea very well. I'd really like to see such a
| > feature in kimdaba.
| >
| > Comments?
|
| Say you have a picture with a new Person.
| Currently, you just type "Lea" <ENTER> in the "Persons" listbox and that's
| it, I love this simplicity and effectiveness.
| If you have to add clutter on this dialog, or if I have to enter the
| comment about this new person later, say in the browser, I would find it
| very boring.
|
| So I would recommand following rule :
| Type "Lea<ENTER>", you have a new keyword "Lea"
| Type "Lea : this is my girl<ENTER>", you get a new keyword "Lea" with a
| comment which begins after the semicolon, ie.  "this is my girl"
|
| Of course, the comment should be editable in the browser too.
|

| My 2 cents.

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.