[KimDaBa] Export a Kimdaba collection to a gmail account ?

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:05:12 BST 2005

Hello to all

Here is an excellent example of use of KimDaBa's HTML export :
http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~upaxe/Albums/LinuxTag/index-800x600.html
a) I export a few dizains of picture about a certain event
b) which I selected myself
c) I make it available to everybody (well those who care ;-)
d) the navigation is very simple (linear) which is a very good point.

Now I'm thinking about a total different use case :
1) I want to make my whole colllection available
2) my visitors select themselves what they want to see
3) I need to restrict the access
(for example, my cousine is teacher. I don't want that her students
type her name in google and hop ! see immediatly pictures with she)
4) Because my whole collection is available, my visitors need an
efficient sort and search mechanisms
5) I want my friends to be able to leave comments

There is already this solution : http://wersdoerfer.com/
but it's only for the happy few who have a generous (in harddrive
space) web hosting
with mysql and so on, we need to reinvent the wheel for 3) and 5), ...

So here comes my dumb idea : everyone can open a gmail account
specially created for hosting his pictures ( see :
http://isnoop.net/gmail ) and a kipi plugin send for each picture a
mail to this gmail address