[KimDaBa] Even More Features...

William Holland will at willholland.co.uk
Sat May 28 10:19:12 BST 2005

Hi,

I've just started searching by location (first - I've normally filtered the
list with something else first), and realised that I have nearly 500
locations (not as excessive as it might seem - I've nearly 15000 images, so
that's approx 30 images per location).  Scrolling through this is a pain
(especially as it is case sensitive, which I've now fixed, by making the
first letter of every 'value' field upper case.. nasty but effective), so I
would propose one of two things.
1. if there is more than a threshold (say 100) items in a category, bring up
an index of first letters, so I can click on say 'm' and get taken directly
to the place in the list where 'm' is.
2. Allow some sort of search (eg like mozilla/vi: type '/' then any pattern to
jump to the first hit).

Also I would like to get rid of any case sensitivity in the lists (or at least
make it optional)

As another cool feature, Sometimes I want to look at more than one category at
once.  I can do this by a 'search', but it would be much nicer if I could
press <ctrl> and click three entries in the list, and it would show the
results of them all when I release <ctrl>, or something like that.

I'm not sure how the breadcrumbs would work, and maybe it should just
initialise a search directly from this, but I think that it would make my way
of working much easier (I dislike surplus dialog boxes).

Anyway, just throwing ideas into air,

Will