[KimDaBa] Debian 2.1 when ?

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed May 11 11:54:11 BST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 12:44, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

> Isn't this what [QK]ImageDecoder is all about?
> Maybe these extra format's should be created as image decoders, that
> kimdaba would instantiate at an appropriate location.

Right, but kimdaba has some spiffy code for loading reduced size JPG
images that bypasses the KImageDecoder stuff, and all the JPG
functionality was readily available in that code.

I'm a bit afraid to create "real" imagedecoders for RAW formats that
only pull out the embedded JPG and don't really decode the RAW data.
Any idea if the KImageDecoder classes support the notion of an
implementation that only shows a preview (which the embedded JPG really
is) without being able to decode the real thing?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se