[KimDaBa] Debian 2.1 when ?

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue May 10 08:17:10 BST 2005

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 02:49, Jens wrote:
> Has there been any mention of when we might see KimDaBa 2.1 in the
> Debian archives ?
>
> I noticed in the 2.1 release notes that Canon RAW 'CRW' files are
> supported in 2.1. Is, by some chance, Canon RAW 'CR2' supported as
> well (this is for the Canon 20D)

I hacked up the support for CRW files. Kimdaba is not (and wont ever be
I guess) a RAW converter, so what it does with CRW files is to read the
embedded JPG image if there is one. With this JPG image, kimdaba can
make thumbnails and show you preview, but not much more.

I guess the hack could be extended to support CR2. You would need to
figure out where the embedded JPG in such a file is located...

regards
--
Steffen Hansen

Senior Software Engineer, Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

email: hansen at kde.org, steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se,
       steffen at hrhansen.dk
www:   http://www.hrhansen.dk

--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se