[KimDaBa] Next release one week, then what?!

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Sun May 8 19:35:08 BST 2005

2005/5/8, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at blackie.dk>:
> On Saturday 23 April 2005 23:10, Jean-Michel FAYARD wrote:
> | Have you heard from Tenor (formerly klink) ? http://dot.kde.org/1113428593/
> | It seems to be the next big idea for KDE, and yeah never seen before too.
> | I don't know how an app like Kimdaba (well, I mean KimDaBa) could make the
> | most of it,
> | but Scott Wheeler and Aaronn J. Saigo probably do.
> Never heard of it. Could you give me a five line executive summery before I
> decide on reading the article?

Hierarchies (Unix filesystem, yahoo's directory) sucks when you have
to much data, you need to do what google does with PageRank on the
web, what Kimdaba does for pictures, or what Tenor intends to do for
the whole desktop. PageRank works because you have hyperlinks between
pages, on the desktop, this does nto exists yet. Tenor intends to let
application set programmatically context information (eg. kmail says
that picture P whas attached to a mail M from a given person). For
kimdaba this would mean : store our information about pictures on
Tenor's database, and on the other hand, use the information provided
by other apps to have a better search.