[KimDaBa] Re: KimDaBa 2.1 just about to be released

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon May 2 06:59:26 BST 2005

As I said yesterday, I'm not going to make a public fool out of myself by
releasing a piece of software that crashes right away, so please try out the
version from the URL below.

No KimDaBa 2.1 will be released before I've had at least 10 people trying it,
so far we had two (well three if you include Rafcal, who tried HEAD rather
than the tar bar, and who had some compile error, I trust to be unrelated)

Pleeeeeeeeasssssssssseeeeeeeeeee.

On Sunday 01 May 2005 16:03, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
| Hi.
| All procedures for a release are done by now, but a friend of mine just
| tried the package, and kimdaba crashed as soon as he pressed "view images".
|
| I wonder if this is a bug in kimdaba, or a miss setup of his system.
|
| I'd therefore like to ask as many of you as possible, to try and install
| kimdaba-2.1 - I simply do not dare making a release with such an obvious
| crash.
|
| Download it from:
| http://www.blackie.dk/kimdaba-2.0-noi18n.tar.bz2
|
| compile it like:
| ./configure -prefix /tmp/kimdaba
| make
|
| Now run it like:
| export KDEDIRS=/tmp/kimdaba:$KDEDIRS
| /tmp/kimdaba/bin/kimdaba
| click on view images.
|
| and let me know your Qt and KDE versions
| *IMPORTANT* let me know both if it crashed or if it succeeded showing the
| thumbnail view.
|
| Cheers
| Jesper.

thousands of images?