[KimDaBa] Feature requests

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:13:03 BST 2005

Sorry Jesper for the previous mail.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 19:47:32 -0500, Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>   Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:07:46 +0200
>   From: "Nicolas M. Thiery" <nthiery at users.sourceforge.net>
>
>   > >|  - When multiple pictures are edited with Ctrl-2, display their
>   > >|    thumbnails (or, for simplicity, just the first one) in the image
>   > >|    window.
>   > >I'm not sure I like that idea.
>   >
>   > Changing this per the suggestion would lead to an error-likely
>   > situation. Currently, it's rather obvious that you're changing the data
>   > for a set of images. If you were to change this one indicator to show
>   > the first image, it would be very easy accidentally add data for one
>   > image to a set of images.
>
>   Right. So my favorite option would be: display the thumbnails of
>   all the pictures that are being edited.
>
> If you're adding a keyword to several hundred images (not an uncommon
> operation, at least for me), this may not be practical.

Right

Maybe show the first picture of the selection at 2/3 of the size of the
preview picture frame, and show two windows in cascade behind it,
so it's more obvious that you are setting properties for multiple pictures.

PS : there are more important improvements though (like better import feature,
or doing a flash demo like the ones made by  Nat for Beagle here
http://nat.org/demos/ which will explain much better than a set
of screenshots how great, effective and fast KimDaBa is)