[KimDaBa] i18n of index.xml

Tue Mar 15 17:06:04 GMT 2005

Hello,
I'm running a German version of Kimdaba 2.0.
In my index.xml I've a segments like that:

  <option viewtype="0" viewsize="0" icon="personal" name="Personen" show="1" >
   <value value="Doris" />
   [...]
   <value value="Anna" />
  </option>

The attribute name has the i18n value Personen (=persons).

The properties of images use this name as reference:

  <image [...] >
   <options>
    <option name="Personen" >
     <value value="Florian" />
    </option>
   </options>
  </image>

Obviously the value of name is localized. Why?
What happens if I use this index.xml in a non-German version of Kimdaba?
I think it would be better to have the captions of data types non-localized.
But I also think that you might have a good reason to do it...

Bye,

Florian