[KimDaBa] got a big database?

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 1 01:57:31 BST 2005

   From: Stefan Vogel <Stefan.Vogel at clarity-ag.net>
   Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:26:56 +0200

   Why Kimdaba uses an XML file for storing all information about the
   images. XML files are quite handy if they are not to big, but
   10.000 images are not to much for an image database, but big for a
   single XML file.

   What do you think about using SQLite Database for storing the
   information. SQLite is a full working SQL database, and has the
   advantage that all information are stored in one single file which
   could be copied as the index.xml.

One advantage of XML is that it's easy to read (and fix) the file on
the fly with any text editor.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton