[KimDaBa] Re: digikamtags:/

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:40:48 GMT 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:21:56 +0100, Jesper K. Pedersen <blackie at kde.org> wrote:
> Could you please explain to me what is digikamtags? My guess is that it is a
> KIO slave, or?
Yes it is a KIO slave

> And how would that perlscript of your help me? Will it export a kimdaba
> database to a digikam database or?
You need to
- tell the kioslave in which folder (rootfolder from Kimdaba) the
pictures are (I use digikam for that for now)
- the first time create a digikam.db file (sqlite format) in the same folder
- synchronize with this.
The perlscript does : read all tags from Kimdaba, read all tags from
digikam.db, generate the sql statements for the tags that are in
index.xml but not in digikam.db, print the tags that are in digikam.db
but not yet in Kimdaba (if you used digikam to add new categories)
To add a "Maintenance->synchronize with KDE Image Database" and to
really update the index.xml file (not just print new tags found in
digikam.db), it should be rewritten in C++ in Kimdaba.