[KimDaBa] Suggestion for a good camera

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Jan 7 07:01:01 GMT 2005

Sorry for this offtopic mail, but you are all the experts I know on this
issue, and it does relate to KimDaBa very much ;-)

My old camera is now all the way back from 2001, it still works flawlessly,
but I also feel that it needs an update to keep up with you guys ;-)

Also the camera is lacking esp. raw files, which seems to be more and more
what people is going for. Without raw support in my camera chances that I'll
get inclined for adding raw support to KimDaBa isn't too high.

God knows that I'm no hardware guy at all, so thats why I ask you for help,
what should I get?
The camera must be lightweight, small and robust. I want to be able to have it
in a pocket at a cocktail party, and it shouldn't break the first time I drop
it - I think I've dropped my current camera at least 5 times ;-o

The camera must as a first thing, of course take good pictures, and fast
focusing is one of the things I miss from my current camera.

What other features are requested to make kimdaba the cool app in the next
decade? Raw files I guess. How about cameras with GPS in them, is that still
only in extremely expensive cameras? Now how about video recording? My
current camera does 320x200 in a lousy quality that makes me not want to
record movies at all, is that better with todays cameras?

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.