[KimDaBa] Exif, again...

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun Jan 2 17:13:15 GMT 2005

On Thursday 30 December 2004 00:30, Alain.Picard at memetrics.com wrote:
| Jesper K. Pedersen writes:
|  > Its a long time since I worked on this part of the code, and IIRC I
|  > started out from a patch from someone.
|  > Could you send me part of your index.xml file - just cut away every
|  > thing but one image, which dont get correctly reset, and also send me
|  > the image with problems, and I'll have a look at it.
|
| OK, I trimmed all pictures but 1 from my index.xml file, which
| I'm sending you along with the picture.
|
| I'm going to write a hack which basically parses the xml file
| and rewrites it (modified) according to the folder name, which
| indicates the date in my setup.  Still, I'm curious which tag
| kimdaba uses to set the exif date.  Perhaps it should try a large
| number of possible tags, in some set order, and use the first one
| it finds.
|
| Anyway, thanks for a wonderful program!
KimDaBa uses the class KFileMetaInfo from kdenetwork to read the EXIF info out
of the file.
I looked at the keys that it read from the file, and found CreateionDate and
Date/time, but both read in as a null string :-(
I don't know if this is due to the meta info being stored in different
formats. I found a program with my suse system called exif.py, and it prints
out this info on your file:

Motorola format
 IFD 0 (Image) at offset 8:
    DateTime: (0x0132) ASCII=1999:01:03 12:00:00 @ 26
<<<<<<

The curious thing is that it says "Motorola format", as if they had their own
exif format.

I've got no idea how to read this though.

Can anyone help?

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba might be the answer.