[KimDaBa] Re: Search bar & CategoryEditor & Quick tagging (following)

Jean-Michel FAYARD jmfayard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 11:54:12 GMT 2005

Little following on that point

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:48:13 +0100, Jean-Michel FAYARD
<jmfayard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jesper, hello list, I just tried the CVS version
>
> * I see that the new CategoryEditor now shows only items from the current image.
> Maybe I´m missing something obvious (too slow ?) , but can´ t Kimdaba
> just pick the first picture with "Ann Helen" it founds[1] for the
> default large icon for Ann Helen ?
> You can always use the CategoryEditor after that if you don´t like the
> default icon, but at least you don´t have to do that manually for your
> 500 persons, so that scales better ;-)
>
> [1] Better idea :
> Pick the first picture with ONLY Ann Helen (it´s likely to be more
> specific to recognize Ann Helen)
> If it doesn´t work, pick the first picture with Ann Helen
> If it doesn´t work, the default KDE icon, just like today.

I implemented that with Kimdaba.pm version 0.4 available in my last mail or in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.kimdaba/988 (see kim_README to use it)

it's beautiful and also a bit slow to load  300 little thumbnails
(number of persons in my database), especially when I use the search
bar.

 Anyway I can still use the flat list of persons.