[KimDaBa] KimDaBa snapshot available

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 29 16:30:02 GMT 2005

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:10:26 +0100
   Cc: kimdaba at kdab.net

   On Wednesday 28 December 2005 22:22, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   |    Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:35:46 +0100
   |
   |    Its the holiday season a bit yet, right? Well it is for me, so with
   |    the help of Marco Molteni I've now got my scripts ready to produce
   |    snapshots, so go to http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba and download a
   |    snapshot of KimDaBa.
   |
   | For some reason, the RPM I create using checkinstall doesn't contain
   | anything but the docs.  Is this because you're using unsermake rather
   | than make?

   I've tried making a new version, this time without unsermake. Give it a try.

That works.

Now, for some initial comments:

1) It doesn't import Kimdaba 2.1 settings (e. g. thumbnail size,
   viewer size, etc.)

2) There are a number of things in the viewer (e. g. if I click on an
   image) that are extremely slow (take on the order of 30 seconds on
   a 1.8 GHz processor with 1.5 GB RAM).  These appear to be related.
   If I right click on the image and click Show Folder, or click on
   the beach umbrella, the UI pretty much freezes for quite a while.
   I haven't tried to investigate this yet.

   BTW, what does that beach umbrella icon do, anyway?

3) The first time I tried to use the EXIF Info, the program crashed on
   me.  Unfortunately, I don't have a stack trace, but I did see a
   message on my terminal about sqlite failing to create an "exif"
   table because it already exists.  The next time it worked.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton