[KimDaBa] Searching for Exif

havoc havoc at harrisdev.com
Wed Dec 14 04:57:36 GMT 2005

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 23:15, havoc wrote:
> | Camera Model Name
> In work
> | flash (on/off | fired/not-fired)
> pending
> | focal length
> *tsk* did I forget that one
>
> | lens
> Which exif tag would that be?
> (see http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags.html)

I guess it's a combination of minimal focal length, maximum focal length
and max aperture in the old exiftool program. While it would be a
really, really nice feature to be able to look up images by lens (for
some of us), we'd have to figure something out, and the user would end
up having to ID the lens for the system the first time.... It would
probably be worth it, but save it until you nail down the raw data
before we start we start fighting this one...

> | exposure bias
> What is that? I found it on the above URL, but the description makes be none
> the wiser.

I don't have a Rebel/300/350 here to mess with, but on Canon's Pro and
"prosumer" bodies, you can specify the amount to over or under expose an
image. it's called exposure bias, or "EV."

> | ISO speed rating
> That one is already included.

Oh, there it is, no wonder I missed it -- it's at the top of the list.

> OK, I'll grant all your wishes, but then you have to help me sort all these
> options into some tabs, pleeeasssse.

Since these are all "advanced" features, you could put them in an
"advanced" dialog.

http://www.RealizationSystems.com/ -- start communicating
http://www.GalacticSlacker.com/ -- read it and weep