[KimDaBa] Next release one week, then what?!

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Sat Apr 23 17:49:34 BST 2005

   Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:39:11 -0400
   From: Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>
   Cc: KDE Image Database <kimdaba at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se>

   Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
   > Its time for all you dreamers around here to get me inspired to put a lot of
   > energy into the next cool feature of KimDaBa, that is going to be the big
   > thing in 2.2.

   I would like the ability to use EXIF data from images like I use
   keywords.  Show me every image taken at ISO 1600.  Or every image
   with a shutter speed between 1/100 and 1/300 sec.  Or every image
   taken with a particular lens.  I know I can do most of this (except
   for the range stuff) by setting keywords from the Perl interface.
   Maybe that's good enough, but it would be nice for it to happen
   automatically.

It would also be nice to be able to *view* EXIF data in KimDaBa.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton