[KimDaBa] Lawsuite against KimDaBa - KimDaBa 2.0 withdrawn!

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Fri Apr 1 09:43:02 BST 2005

Yesterday I got an email from a commercial vendor of software products that
wants to remain anonymous. The vendor claims that he has a patent on
organizing images by categories. The vendors is threatening me with a million
dollar lawsuite unless I immediately withdraw KimDaBa from the market.

The vendor is willing to negotiate a deal where I pay $100 per KimDaBa user,
to license their patent. Of course I don't have that kind of money, so I ask
all KimDaBa user to either send me $100 or to never ever public tell that
they are using KimDaBa (which includes generating HTML from KimDaBa).

For those of you who can not live with such constraint I've made a strip down
version of KimDaBa that does not do any categorizing, fell free to download
it from the KimDaBa home page.

The restriction on KimDaBa use is valid of today April 1th.

I'm seriously sorry that I brought all of you into this mess, and hope that
you eventually can for give me.

With great regreets

thousands of images?

The answer is DONT USE KIMDABA or you will be SUE'ED.