[KimDaBa] Problem with Display Images Not On Disk

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Sep 29 22:54:53 BST 2004

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:37:32 +0200

   Does anyone else have problems deleting images not on disk?

   On Monday 27 September 2004 13:55, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at kde.org>
   |    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:51:40 +0200
   |    Cc: kimdaba at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
   |
   |    On Monday 27 September 2004 00:20, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    |    From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at blackie.dk>
   |    |    Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:19:42 +0200
   |    |    Cc: Robert L Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu>
   |    |
   |    |    On Saturday 25 September 2004 16:57, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   |    |    | If I use Display images not on disk, the window is filled with
   |    |    | the images not on the disk.  However, if I then select all of the
   |    |    | images, I cannot delete them (the delete key or the
   |    |    | Edit->DeleteSelected functions don't work).
   |    |    |
   |    |    | I tried to work around this by using ctrl-2, and then clicking on
   |    |    | delete.  That tells me that 1 image is selected.  When I click
   |    |    | OK, and then dismiss the ctrl-2 dialog, all of the images in the
   |    |    | display now have the same image name.
   |    |
   |    |    I tried with the images from the demo application, and that worked
   |    |    flawlessly for me.
   |    |
   |    |    Would your images happen to have some non us letters in them, and
   |    |    would you lately have happend to upgrade to a new Linux version,
   |    |    which now encode file names in UTF?
   |    |
   |    | Nope.  I am using a modern distribution (SUSE 9.1), but I don't create
   |    | any filenames with non-ASCII characters.
   |
   |    Does it also happen for the demo app?
   |
   | Yes, it does.  What I did was:
   |
   | [3(root)|||{!1}<rlk-mobile>/home/rlk/sandbox/kdepim]
   | # cd /opt/kde3/share/apps/kimdaba/demo/
   | [3(root)|||{!2}<rlk-mobile>/opt/kde3/share/apps/kimdaba/demo]
   | # rm -f img00*
   |
   | and then run the demo.  When I chose Display Images Not On Disk, I was
   | unable to delete the 9 images found.

   How do you run the demo?
   try getting the above images in place, and run
   1) kimdaba -demo
   2) exit the app, and rm some images from /tmp/kimdaba-demo-<username>
   3) run kimdaba -c /tmp/kimdaba-demo-<username>

What I actually did was rm the images from /opt/kde3/.../wherever the
kimdaba demo actually lives.  Then I restarted the demo.  The images
showed up with the folded corner.

   Can you delete images on disk btw?

With rm, or with kimdaba?  Yes to the former, no to the latter.

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton