[KimDaBa] new (and perhaps final) snapshot

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sat Sep 25 09:59:10 BST 2004

A new kimdaba snapshot are now available in
http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/snapshots/

This might very well be the final snapshot before 2.0 is released.
So if you want to be sure to enjoy all the new things in 2.0, then it might be
a very good thing to try the snapshot. YOU might be the one with a system
setup where kimdaba do not compile out of the box, so lets find it now, so we
can be sure 2.0 also works on your machine, pleasssse. ;-)

For those of you who haven't tried any of the previews snapshots, let me just
highlight a few of the changes, I can remember of the top of my head:
- import/export feature that allows you to share your images and annotations
with friends.
- a plugin structure which gives you tons of new features. (see
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kipi.php)
- Loads of optimizations that makes kimdaba faster to work with.
- Really a lot of minor improvements like
  - It possible to hide labels in thumbnail view
  - It's possible to specify sorting in the listboxes in the image config page
  - The editor in the image config now has spellchecking facilities.
And a lot of bugs have been fixed (but likely new one have come :-0

See the ChangeLog file for the complete list, it is available at
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdeextragear-2/kimdaba/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD