[KimDaBa] KimDaBa 2.0 is released.

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Sun Oct 31 04:58:34 GMT 2004

On Sun October 31 2004 03:24 am, Shawn Willden wrote:
 ] Unfortunately, at least for my G2, this thumbnail doesn't have the EXIF data
 ] in it.  However, I found another tool, called crwinfo, that can extract all
 ] of the information I want from the CRW file.  Now if I can just find a way to
 ] put all of that into an EXIF header... (jhead doesn't appear to be able to
 ] construct an EXIF header, only modify or copy it).

 There's a bunch of exiftools out there that aren't OSS / free but that
 do provide a range of useful features.  exifcopy (replicates exif data
 from image A to image B), exiffile (sets time/date stamps to EXIF
 time), exifedit (creates exif data in a file, which can be a real hit &
 miss to get the exact field names that it wants) .. etc.

 http://www.hugsan.com/

 The $-free version has a limit of 10 files it can operate on at one go,
 which is a pointless limitation that I've never hit, because all my scripts
 have for-loops through them anyway -- each exif* util I use only ever
 operates on one file, as far as its concerned.

 Jedd.