[KimDaBa] Load image progress bar doesn't appear right away

Robert L Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 3 12:15:58 GMT 2004

   From: "Jesper K. Pedersen" <blackie at kde.org>
   Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 08:39:17 +0100

   On Wednesday 03 November 2004 03:53, Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   | The load new images progress bar doesn't appear right away when
   | starting up KimDaBa.  It appears that it's updated only every 10
   | images or so, but it isn't displayed the first time.  This is very
   | noticeable when I've created a bunch of 120 MB scans and am loading
   | them for the first time.

   Thats a feature of the scrollbar dialog. Namely not to show up before it is
   certain that the whole progress will take at least 4 seconds.

The problem is that it sometimes takes a minute to appear (if the
images are very large).  It looks like it's only checking every 10
images or so?

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton