[KimDaBa] Patch to read Exif information from files.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Thu May 6 17:20:11 BST 2004

I haven't tried the patch yet, but could you please rework it in a minor way:
If images are selected then work on these images only, otherwise work on
current context.
The function MainView::getSelectedOnDisk will giev you exactly this.

Cheers
Jesper

On Thursday 06 May 2004 17:56, Marco Caldarelli wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I wrote a small patch to reread EXIF info from files. It adds two menu
| items,
|
|   Maintenance->Read EXIF info from all files...
|
| to reread info for all files in the database, and
|
|   Images->Read EXIF info from selected files...
|
| to reread info only for the selected files.
|
| In both cases, a dialog opens and asks what information should be read. It
| is possible to select any combination of
|   Read time
|   Read date
|   Read EXIF orientation
|   Read EXIF description
| or, alternatively, to select the "Read all" box.
| Then, clicking on "Read File Info" the whanted data is updated.
|
| The code is easy to expand if more file data will be inserted in the future
| (for example the image resolution, or some camera settings...).
| It would be nice to have the "Read all" exclusive in the future (checking
| it unsets all other boxes, and setting a different box clears it).
|
| I didn't do extensive tests for the moment, I will do some in the next
| days, but the code seems to work. I would appreciate very much any
| suggestion, comment and help to test it.
|
| Here follows the diff file for the modifications, and the code for two new
| files, readinfodialog.h and readinfodialog.cpp.
|
| Ciao,
| Marco

|--

| > #define EXIFMODE_INIT ( EXIFMODE_TIME | EXIFMODE_DATE |

thousands of images?

http://ktown.kde.org/KimDaBa might be the answer.