[KimDaBa] KimDaBa 1.1 is released

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Sun May 2 21:41:01 BST 2004

First of all, let me point out that the patch is really nice, I only have a
few minor things I'd like you to fix (If you prefer I can do it myself).

> to make "thinking" a little easier:
>
> I've been working on alphabetic sorting. I've added two menu entries to the
> context menu in the properties/search dialog. There you can say sort by
> usage or sort by alphabet.
> If you try to open the context menu without pointing to an entry, you now
> get a smaller context menu just with the sorting entries.
I'd rather have the item disabled, than not showing up.
Not seeing them, might make users wonder where it was he found them, while
having them disabled, makes him realize that they are not available.

> The sort propertie is not put to the index.xml file yet. The point is, I'd
> like to have it with the window config and I just didn't know how to do it.
I wonder if it really should be per category
Did you have a design idea behind that?
isn't that just over configurability?

If not, I'd rather see it just one over all option.
Someone suggested two icons next to the listbox, which might be a good idea.
one looking like a letter (for alphabetically), and one looking like a date
book (for usage).
Maybe you could include that too.

Kind Regards

thousands of images?