[KimDaBa] KimDaBa on Cygwin and OSX

Daniel Berger daniberger at gmx.ch
Thu Mar 11 10:03:47 GMT 2004

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

>On Thursday 11 March 2004 10:19, Daniel Berger wrote:
>

>>Hello List
>>
>>I tried to compile KimDaBa on cygwin, but it didn't worked.
>>
>>I'm thinking to buy an Apple Power- or iBook, and I saw on different
>>Newssites that some guys managed to get Konqueror and several other KDE
>>Apps on OSX natively working. Would this be possible with KimDaBa too?
>>

>I'm sure this must be possible, I haven't tried it yet though.
>
>I'd be very interesting in hearing about it if you try it, and I'd be very
>happy to help with any modifications needed to KimDaBa.
>
>If you dont have time to do it yourself, but do have pointers to what to do,
>please let me know.

I just gave KimDaBa 1.1 on cygwin (Windows 2000) a second try.

bash-2.05b$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.0 dani-pc 1.5.6(0.108/3/2) 2004-01-19 00:43 i686 unknown
unknown Cygwin

bash-2.05b$ ./configure
[...]
checking for mcopidl... not found
configure: error: The important program mcopidl was not found!
Please check whether you installed aRts correctly or use
--without-arts to compile without aRts support (this will remove
functionality).

bash-2.05b$ ./configure --without-arts
configure: error: invalid package name: arts

Hmm. what now?