[KimDaBa] stuck compiling latest snapshot

jedd jedd at progsoc.org
Wed Jun 23 10:15:20 BST 2004

 Howdi,

 Okay .. decided to try the latest snapshot (2004-04-18) .. and not just
 because version 1.1 (which is nice and stable) doesn't remember my windows
 size & location settings, nor because it says '1.0' when I run it with a
 --version parameter .. but just because it's there.

 That said, configure bombs out with 'you need to install kdelibs first'.

 Rest assured, I've definitely got kdelibs + -dev packages for same, as
 per a week-old Debian package.

 Looking at config.log, this bit seems to be where it's bombing:
configure:28296: /usr/share/qt3/bin/uic -L /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload -impl actest.h actest.ui >
 actest.cpp
configure:28299: $? = 0
configure:28313: result: no
configure:28316: error: you need to install kdelibs first.

 If I make my own actest.ui file (copying the section from configure), and
 then run the above uic line .. it seems to work.  Result code still looks
 to be 0, but there's no errors coming out of it.

 I'm running configure thus:
     ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kde --with-extra-libs=/usr/lib/kde3

 It's something stupid.  I know that much ...

 Jedd.