[KimDaBa] Multi-lingual description fields

Rafael Beccar rafabeccar at speedy.com.ar
Tue Jun 22 17:50:58 BST 2004

El Tuesday 22 June 2004 00:25, Neilen Marais escribió:
> Hi!
>
> Kimdaba is a really nice app, and I'm currently in the process of
> tagging my 5000 photo collection with it.  I'd like to write
> multi-lingual descriptions though.  ATM, I just write both languages
> in the description field, and seperate them with a "/", but I don't
> think this is ideal, specially if someone might want more than 2
> languages.
>
> I could envisage the description field interface having tabs along
> the side for your chosen languages.
>
> Is anyone else interested in multi-lingual descriptions? I for one
> would be most interested in such a feature.
>
> Thanks
> Neilen

Hi, just an idea:

I think a good solution for this could be to allow a Kimdaba database to
have more than one description field, in this way the differents
descriptions fields could be used to make descriptions in different
languages or for any other purpose, such descriptions made by different
persons.
Later, using the Kimdaba export feature, anyone can export the data to a
new database with only the description field she/he wants (Spanish
language description, for example).

Well, lets see what Jesper thinks about all this.

Greetings,
Rafael