[KimDaBa] time stamps on images in CVS HEAD

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at blackie.dk
Mon Jun 14 09:23:18 BST 2004

|------- kimdaba: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Unable to create
| io-slave:
| klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'digikamthumbnail'.
| ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
|--------
This was resolved with last nights changes.

| 2) I have the problem with the time stamp you mentioned, but it wasn't
| solved at least for the existing pictures (I haven't tried with new
| pictures yet). I tried using "Tools - > Maintenance -> Read time info
| from files" but some pictures still have repetead time stamps.
and you are sure that the time info reread from file are not wrong in the
first place.

| 3) Some time ago a patch to read Exif information from files has been
| provided by Marco Caldarelli. I think this is a very useful feature to
| re-read the date info, Is it going to be implemented in the future?
We are still fighting to get his patches working, for reasons I do not
understand, the patches always corrupt my code...

| 4) KIPI is a great work that provide great features for Kimdaba and
| other KDE applications, and it also seems to be stable.
Its getting better, I hope to start releasing snapshots of it soon.