[KimDaBa] Re: [Kde-imaging] Re: Some comments on plugins and a feature request

Robert Krawitz rlk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 20 12:42:10 BST 2004

   Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:25:50 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Renchi Raju <renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu>

   now coming to your suggestion: it doesn't make sense to have
   dialogs for jpeg lossless operations - rotation, black-white
   conversion, flipping; as it should be quite obvious to user whats
   going to happen to the image, no need for a preview or stuff like
   that. these operations are meant to be quick access operations
   (very frequently used by digital camera owners) and having a dialog
   will slow things down for them.

BW conversion in particular is not obvious at all.  What are the
luminance constants used for each channel, and what will the effect
be?

Member of the League for Programming Freedom -- mail lpf at uunet.uu.net

--Eric Crampton