[KimDaBa] new snapshot ready

Guy Zelck gzelck at tiscalinet.be
Sat Jan 24 20:45:44 GMT 2004

Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

>Guy Zelck <gzelck at tiscalinet.be> writes:
>
>| Hi Jesper,
>|
>| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:

>| >I'll put the binary next to the snapshots.
>| >
>| Thanks.

>| >Well this only happens the first time, right?
>| >next time you start KimDaBa it should not recalc the checksums.
>| >
>| This was just meant as info.

>| >I've seen this from time to time without being able to easily reproduce it.
>| >Often, going back and forth once solves the problem.

>| >This sounds very strange indeed, does the index.xml file look OK? You
>| >didn't kill the program during a save, so that you only got half a file?
>| >
>| The index.xml looks absolutely fine. I didn't kill it, just started it
>| after installing the freshly made rpm.
>|

>| >If you click on Persons, does all your persons show up, with the right
>| >counts?
>| >
>| Yes, all images are there and the counts are correct when I click on the
>| categories themselves. Only searching fails, also with your demo.
>|
>| Sometimes the search returns a little pop-up window telling me it found 0
>| images. Other times it returns to the normal application window with a
>| totally blank content and the status bar saying "showing 0 images".
>|

>| I see this debug output :
>| QImage::smoothScale: Image is a null image
>| QImage::smoothScale: Image is a null image
>| QImage::smoothScale: Image is a null image
>| QImage::smoothScale: Image is a null image
>| (this is when opening the search screen)
>| WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) \x08
>| Major opcode: *
>| WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) \x08
>| Major opcode: *
>| (This is when clicking search)
>|
>| I've attached some pictures of the screens I see. (hope the mailing list
>| can cope)
>Nope, the list rejects mails which are larger than a certain amount of
>kbytes. But I got it ,-)
>
>It was indeed a bug in my optimization the other day.
>I've fixed it now, and it will be part of the next build.

Thanks Jesper for the good news and the good work!
I re-installed the stable version again just to check and searching
works again indeed.
There's a search image on the right that was missing from the newer
builds I now see. Probably accounts for the error messages.
Looking forward to the next build.
Cheers,
Guy.