[KimDaBa] MD5 report

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 22:55:26 GMT 2004

"Dario Spagnolo" <spada at zaup.org> writes:

| Quick note before going to bed (after a very long day!).
| Latest snapshot compiled fine (glibc 2.3.2, kde 3.1.4, qt-mt 3.2) and md5
| hashing went smoothly. I haven't yet stressed the new filesystem layer...
|
| By the way, are you hashing the whole files ? What about the very large
| albums ?
Yes I'm hashing all of the file, but I only do it when I see the file, and
then store the information in the DB.

This was the best trade of I could come up with. hashing only the first 10k
e.g. might risk that you hit blue sky on your photo, and it thus is the
same as some other blue sky.

Today I added a rehash option to a Maintenance menu, where you may rehash
in case you know that you have changed images from outside KimDaBa and want
to move them around.