[KimDaBa] MD5 sums completed.

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 09:40:47 GMT 2004

Daniel Berger <daniberger at gmx.ch> writes:

| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
|
| >Just a news flash.
| >Today I completed the MD5 sum feature we've talked a bit about.
| >

| This is all very good. But what about my existing DB? Will the xml
| automatically get extended,
no, you have to start all over again, sorry!

naeehh just kidding, I do myself have 3.500 images in KimDaBa, so you can
be pretty sure that there will never, I repeat *NEVER* be a change to
KimDaBa that voids your current data. Should I once need to reorganize in
one way or the other that makes it impossible to read the old datafile,
then I'll develop a conversion program - and don't be afraid that I would
feel to lazy to do it - again if for no one else, I would have to do it
just to convert my own data ;-)

| when I run the new version? Or do I have to reenter all information?
Yes, KimDaBa detects that you do not have MD5s for your files, and comes up
with a waitaminute! dialog, while creating all the MD5s.